Saturday, November 4, 2017

God has used me in unlikely situations 508-1 - 7 - 5

In the early 1980s I was living across the bay from San Francisco and would often spend my summer weekends tent camping in the Sierras. After a stressful week at work to be able to withdraw into the womb of creation was very uplifting. During one of these weekends in the Sierras I had the opportunity to witness to hundreds of thousands via the Today Show on NBC.
There was a classical music festival held for several weekends in Bear Valley, California. The Today crew was there to recorded interviews and music which they distilled down to a four-minute segment from three hours “in the can.” The crew wanted to talk to a tent camper who came to attend the concerts and no RV campers. Since it seemed that I was the only tent camper attending the festival I was chosen to be interviewed.
During a very short interview at my camp site I was asked if the Sierras were an appropriate place for a concert. I can still remember looking at the man interviewing me like he had two heads and saying something like “What better place, this is God's Cathedral.” I wonder if NBC would allow my reference to God’s Cathedral to be aired today.
Full disclosure, now I’m years past sleeping on the ground in a tent and much prefer a comfortable bed in my camper van.
I’ve maintained a blog for several years, https://sallycp-inthebeginninggod.blogspot.com/. Page-views were slow in coming but are picking up. Not a great impact, however, the viewership is world-wide.
Oct 5, 2017 – Nov 3, 2017 Stats for top 10 countries
Entry                           Page-views
United States             355
Russia                        351
Germany                     42
China                           30
Kenya                          18
Portugal                      18
France                         16
Ukraine                       14
Canada                         9
United Kingdom          6
I pray I never miss an opportunity to witness because I was/ am inattentive or timid.

No comments:

Post a Comment