Sunday, December 3, 2017

Psalm 65, verse 8, most interesting 515-2 - 13 - 4

Is Psalm 65:8 a foretelling of America? We are a primarily a Gentile nation half a world removed from Israel.
Psalm 65:8, “They also that dwell in the uttermost parts are afraid at thy tokens: thou makest the outgoings of the morning and evening to rejoice.”
Psalm 2:8, “Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen (H1471) for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts (H657) of the earth for thy possession.” In the Millennium, God has promised Jesus that all the earth will submit to His authority, and His rule will extend from shore to shore.
H1471, a foreign nation; hence a Gentile, heathen, nation, people.
H657, an end (especially of the earth); no further
America afraid of God’s tokens? “Thy tokens - Terrible thunders and lightnings, and earthquakes, and comets or other strange meteors, or works of God in the air. Morning - The successive courses of the morning and evening; or of the sun and moon which go forth at those times. Thus, the whole verse speaks of the natural works of God, the former clause, of such as are extraordinary and terrible, the latter of such as are ordinary and delightful.”
[John Wesley’s Notes on the Bible]
Is it too late for the USA? Ezekiel 14:12-14, “The word of the Lord came to me: 13 “Son of man, if a country sins against me by being unfaithful and I stretch out my hand against it to cut off its food supply and send famine upon it and kill its people and their animals, 14 even if these three men—Noah, Daniel[a] and Job—were in it, they could save only themselves by their righteousness, declares the Sovereign Lord.”
Jeremiah 15:1, “Then said the LORD unto me, Though Moses and Samuel stood before me, yet my mind could not be toward this people: cast them out of my sight, and let them go forth.”
Is America a factor in the Last Days? One possible verse pertaining to the United States is Ezekiel 39: 6, “And I will send a fire on Magog, and among them that dwell carelessly in the isles: and they shall know that I am the Lord.” Although less hopeful every day, I’m praying for a great revival taking place in the United States and most of the population being raptured. Perhaps the United States will simply decline as a world power. Is the United states decimated in a nuclear attack? What of a failure of our electric grid due to either an enemy EMP attack or a solar event, God's token?
Are we in America the ones “that dwell in the uttermost parts” and are we afraid at God’s tokens?

No comments:

Post a Comment