Saturday, March 24, 2018

Quiet time with the Lord 543 - 5 - 2

I pray often on and off all day but my quiet time with the Lord usually is in the morning when I first wake up or as I go to bed. It usually takes me a while to fall asleep, so this is quiet time with the Lord. While asleep I listen to an audio Bible, CM's teachings or praise and worship music.
Winters I live in an RV park in Arizona with nearby neighbors. I cover my windows to minimize the heating of my RV, rather like living in a tunnel. A few times a week I'll take a nap in my bed at the back of my RV/ tunnel. This is a great time to reflect what has happened and what's going to be on the agenda for the rest of the day. Again, I often play praise and worship music and fall asleep thinking about how blessed I am.
My RV site is very small, but it backs up to state land, so I am further blessed to have a fairly private area where I have a lawn chair and a small table. I'll retreat to this backyard and read or listen to music. As I stretch out on my outdoor recliner, I gaze at the canopy of the tree that offers shade on a warm day. Here in Arizona we've already had days in the 80s, so the backyard is a great retreat.
Summers I live in a much cooler part of Arizona about 90 miles from the four corners area. I have 5 plus acres of high desert dirt with scrub pine. The area is quite remote and very peaceful. I don't have curtains on my bedroom windows because there's no one close by. I wake up to the Cedar tree outside my window and again marvel at God's creations. At night I fall asleep looking at the glories of the heavens. I have two decks one of which is a small deck under a tree. Here I make time to have quiet time with God.
My summer home is off the power grid and I rely one hundred percent on solar energy. It's taken three summers but I have sufficient power to run a electric refrigerator, to augment my smaller propane refrigerator, plus all my electronics. Often at night I wake up to the howling of coyotes and the occasional cow that wanders by in this open range area. I feel closer to God’s creation when I'm at my summer home but I'm not ready to spend winters there until I work out the water situation. Hauling water in the summer is no big deal but when the storage tank ices over it is.
 Whether in my summer or winter home I always feel close to God. Living alone I can pretty much have quiet time anytime. Life is good. God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment