Sunday, February 16, 2014

What does this chapter teach about our eternal security? 532-2 - 16 - 3

While much of the country is suffering from extremely cold weather Arizona is absolutely beautiful. Today with temperatures in the 80s I grabbed a T-shirt and didn’t pay much attention to what was printed on it until a friend made a comment about it being a recruiting T-shirt. It has a Red Cross symbol on it with the words “Jesus Saves” and “Life Preserver” in large letters. It also says “God on Duty” and “Search * Rescue * Tried * True.” Plus “World Patrol” and “Special Faith Issue.” Sounds like an appropriate T-shirt to wear while answering this discussion question.

John 17:11 "And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me that they may be one, as we are."

John 17:12, “While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.” So while in the world, Jesus lost no one but the son of perdition which was known from the foundation of the world.

John 17:20 "Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word." I take this to mean that anyone that I might influence to seek justification through the free gift of grace will also be interceded for by Jesus to the father.

John 17:21, "That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me." How wonderful to be one with the Godhead!

According to CM, in his commentary on Eternal Security "The Basis of our Eternal Security All three persons of the Godhead have a share in preserving to fruition that which God has determined."

1. It Depends upon God the Father, upon on His Sovereign Purpose, His Solemn Promise, His Infinite Power and His love for us.

2. It Depends upon God the Son and His Substitutionary Death thereby justifying us.

3. It Depends upon God the Holy Spirit and His three Ministries; Regeneration, Baptizing and His Sealing Ministry.

We can rest secure in our Eternal Security and God’s love for us as evidenced by:
John 3:16-17, "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved."


Romans 5:8, "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

No comments:

Post a Comment