Friday, April 11, 2014

God's hate list revisited, pride, the one of these that I struggle the most with? 516 - 8 - 7

 God’s hate list revisited. Now that we are in the final week of Proverbs it is a good time to review a similar post from week two.

A proud look is first on God’s hate list; because of pride Satan sought to rise above God. Lucifer fell from heaven and took a third of the angels with him, angels who came into the daughters of Adam resulting hybrid offspring.

As for God’s hate list, Proverbs 6:16-20 pretty much spells it out, “These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren. My son, keep thy father's commandment, and forsake not the law of thy mother:”

Pride is what I struggle the most with. Now in week eight I thought I was making progress until last Sunday. Evening church services are rather informal with some give and take. Pastor asked “What sin God does hate the most?” I proudly said “Pride” but pastor didn’t hear me. So he asked again, “What sin God does hate the most?” This time several of us said “Pride” and Pastor looked at another member of the congregation and said “That’s right.” My first impulse was to say that I was the first to answer correctly. Oops, pride once again raising its ugly head.

Two nights ago I had trouble sleeping due to mild stomach pain. By morning I was in dire shape. There is nothing that can reduce my pride as quickly as a bout of stomach flu. A tiny bug brought me, so to speak, to my knees and crying out to God. Even tonight my gut is still rumbling in complaint. Pride brought low until the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment