Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Why will Christ wipe away tears from the eyes of those in heaven? Please illustrate this based on your own experience.. 542 - 3 - 3

There’ll be tears in heaven some likely due to the perceived lack of rewards and inheritance. However, in my opinion, the lack of rewards and inheritance will be secondary compared to the grief and guilt due to the absence of beloved family members and friends.

My older sister Mary and I both attended church from the time we were toddlers and pretty much grew up in the first Congregational Church. We both sang in the junior and senior choir church and as young mothers attended church with our children. Then we got older, as did our children and we went our own ways. After college graduation I accepted positions in different parts of the country. So although we stayed in touch, geographically, we were far apart. Then in the late 1990s. I started traveling back to Michigan each summer and bought a site in a member owner park where  Mary also had a site and we spent many a summer day together.
Mary and I would ride her golf cart all over the park and usually end up at the Dairy Delight for ice cream. We would drive past the park’s outdoor chapel where services were held every Sunday morning and a gospel concert every Sunday evening. Also, there was a Bible study held in the park library once a week.
My sister and I never took part in any of these services. There just didn’t seem to be enough time, There was just too much else to do, and then Mary died and it was too late. We had too few summers together before her lungs finally gave out due to COPD. Although she’d given up smoking three years before, the damage was done.
I don’t know where my sister Mary is spending eternity and I pray that she will be in heaven. In the final analysis, her destination is up to God as He knows/ knew her heart.
We are justified by faith and not by works. John 14:6, "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." Mary and I never really talked much about faith before her death. If she is not in heaven when I get there I will have a flood of tears for Jesus to wipe away.
As for bringing people into the Kingdom, little success. I’ve been criticized as trying to force my beliefs on others should I mentioned going to church or my studies here at KI. So I witness via a blog and postings on Facebook.
I have little expectations of any great rewards or inheritance in heaven, however, I do expect a crown of righteousness to offer to Jesus. 2 Timothy 4:8, "Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing."

No comments:

Post a Comment