Saturday, October 3, 2015

word study on: (a) complaining, (b) blameless, (c) disputing and (d) harmless 538 - 2 - 5

Full disclosure, while I enjoy doing word studies, I really don’t know what I’m doing. As an undergraduate I studied technical courses then business courses as a graduate student. Except for high school English and two years of high school Latin more than 50 years ago, my education in sentence structure is sadly very lacking. Also, I understand that KI prefers word studies be done using the Blue Letter Bible website. During the summer my only access to the Internet is via an expensive Verizon hotspot that is at best spotty. Therefore I much prefer to use the off-line study aids e-sword and Touch Bible.
So after my complaining, I found only one passage that included the word complaining.
Complaining:
Psalm 144:14, “That our oxen may be strong to labour; that there be no breaking in, nor going out; that there be no complaining (H6682) in our streets.”
H6682, The Hebrew noun feminine צוחה is translated as complaining and concerns a screech of anguish, crying. Sounds like me.
Blameless:
Judges 15:3, “And Samson said concerning them, Now shall I be more blameless (H5352) than the Philistines, though I do them a displeasure.”
H5352, נקה. the Hebrew verb translated as blameless, primarily to be or make clean. In the end, Samson was more blameless than the Philistines and literally brought the house down.
Disputing:
Acts 19:8-9, “And he went into the synagogue, and spake boldly for the space of three months, disputing (G1256) and persuading the things concerning the kingdom of God. But when divers were hardened, and believed not, but spake evil of that way before the multitude, he departed from them, and separated the disciples, disputing (G1256) daily in the school of one Tyrannus.”
Act 24:12, “And they neither found me in the temple disputing (G1256) with any man, neither raising up the people, neither in the synagogues, nor in the city:”
G1256, διαλέγομαι, the Greek verb translated as disputing to discuss in argument or exhortation; dispute, preach, reason. Middle voice.
Harmless:
Hebrews 7:26, “For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless (G172), undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;”
G172, ἄκακος, the Greek adjective translated as Harmless. A negative particle, not bad, innocent or unsuspecting, harmless, simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment