Tuesday, April 11, 2017

By being a prepper am I guilty of doing what is right in my own eyes," not completely trusting in the Lord? 510-1 - 1 - 8

Judges 21:25: “In those days there was no king in Israel: every man did that which was right in his own eyes.” When the time of the Judges ended, the people wanted a king. As a result, they were given King Saul of The Tribe of Benjamin rather than God’s intended David of the tribe of Judah who was too young to be king. Had the people been more patient, far fewer problems such as the continued persecution of David by King Saul.
Full disclosure, I’m something of a prepper. Some of my Christian family I think that I may be guilty of doing it my way, what is right in my own eyes. Most of my Christian friends fall into one of two groups. Most are pre-trip and expect to be taken out before the horror of the Tribulation begins.
1 Thessalonians 4:16-17, “16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.” 
The other group think we'll be here for part or all the tribulation but will be protected in place. While the following refers to saved Israel, we are grafted in.
Micah 2:12, “I will surely assemble, O Jacob, all of thee; I will surely gather the remnant of Israel; I will put them together as the sheep of Bozrah, as the flock in the midst of their fold: they shall make great noise by reason of the multitude of men.”
Although I agree we believers will be taken care of I feel that I should make a certain amount of preparation. So yes, I'm a little bit of a prepper while I wait for the good Lord to either call me home or call me up with a trumpet blast.
Several Christian websites promote the procurement of long term storage food products and other prepper items such as water purification. Although the Mormons have a very different theology they are a great example prepping. Attendees at one of their prepper classes were taught to construct faraday storage containers. 
Many survival items are necessary in addition to food and water, medical supplies being just one. I’m slowly adding to my suppliers.
I have ample solar power at my summer off-the-power-grid home and a lesser amount at my winter on-the-power-grid home. In a normal emergency, I will have this advantage, however, an electromagnetic pulse (EMP) would likely wipeout the electronics required with solar power.
I've taken the added precaution of placing an electric Bible, flash drives with Bible teachings and Bible commentaries along with small electronics and solar charger in faraday pouches. I will be able to satisfy my hunger for the Bible as well as share scripture with my neighbors no matter what happens. I think the Lord is OK with my peppering. 

No comments:

Post a Comment