Saturday, April 8, 2017

What is the work of the Holy Spirit.How does it help me on my Christian journey? 531-1 - 3 - 2

The Holy Spirit is with us, convicting of sin; in us indwelling, regeneration once and for all; upon us for infilling, repeated empowerment.
I’m very blessed to have the Holy Spirit as well as CM’s commentaries and the Internet available as I seek to become a better Christian apologist.
The indwelling of the Holy Spirit in Old Testament saints was selective and temporary.
What is the indwelling of the Holy Spirit?
“The indwelling of the Holy Spirit is the action by which God takes up permanent residence in the body of a believer in Jesus Christ. In the Old Testament, the Spirit would come and go from the saints, empowering them for service but not necessarily remaining with them.
[https://www.gotquestions.org/indwelling-of-the-Holy-Spirit.html]
How did the Holy Spirit operate in the lives of OT saints?
John 14:15-17, “15 If ye love me, keep my commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he Dwelleth (G3306) with you, and shall be in you.”
Dwelleth, G3306, A primary verb; to stay (in a given place, state, relation or expectancy): - abide, continue, dwell, endure, be present, remain, stand, tarry (for), X thine own.
What an honor, Jesus was, is, always will be indwelling us. We have this further assurance from 1 Peter 2:9-10, “But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light: 10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.” 
To be effective in my Christian journey I must receive the power of the Holy Spirit. With the power of the Holy Spirit I’m “on fire for God.” Within the Church family we can feel the indwelling spirit in our brothers and sisters. It provides the power to become a better and bold witness.
Spirit Of The Living God Lyrics
“Spirit of the living God fall fresh on me
Spirit of the living God fall fresh on me
Melt me, mold me, fill me, use me
Spirit of the living God fall fresh on me”
If I am obedient the spirit continually falls fresh on me melting and molding me, filling me, and using me as a servant to the living God.

No comments:

Post a Comment