Sunday, September 24, 2017

I'm feeling a little “driven out” but I'm dealing with it 508-1 - 1 - 2

For the last three summers I’ve had a shop in an indoor flea market that is more like a mini-mall. I never really took in much over rent and cost of goods sold.  I’m selling inventory purchased or created over the last 25 years as an investment towards retirement. I sell mostly jewelry both Native America designed jewelry and jewelry and crafts made by me plus crystals and minerals specimens. Combining a down economy with the fact that I’m a much better buyer than seller I have an extensive inventory.
I carry Cross pendants that have initiated conversations with fellow believers. I also draw New Agers looking for crystals. Years ago I played around the fringes of the New Age so I can talk the talk while gently witnessing. I even have a few sandstone welcome signs with ET. The shop is in Heber, AZ home to the alien abduction that was the basis for the movie, “A fire in the Sky.” The ET welcome signs provide an opening to bring up fallen angels. Over the last three summers I’ve met great people and have a limited number of loyal repeat buyers.
Normally the market is open from May through September. Nothing much happen until after Memorial Day Week-end and pretty much ends after Labor Day Week-end. This month the manager decided that the market would open in April and an hour earlier. No meeting was called between vendors and the manager, just a unilateral decision. The building is not heated and it’s cold in April so I opted to close my shop for good as did a few other vendors.
While I feel rather “driven out” perhaps it’s time to move on. So many other avenues to pursue. Summers I spend six months here in NE Arizona and winters six months in a one of a kind town, Quartzsite, AZ. I don’t sell during the winter as that is time with my Church family.
I enjoy meeting new people so back to an occasional outdoor markets next summer and listing online. Inventory control is a challenge when selling both direct and online. I’ve maintained a much neglected website for several years of my handmade jewelry and craft items. Time to spruce it up. The Native American crafted jewelry will likely be listed on eBay.
Winters in Quartzsite are great with Bible studies and attending the local AOG Church. Next summer with my week-ends mostly free I hope to find a church here in NE Arizona.
Life is good and as one door closes, God opens another. I keep my mind centered on God and in expectation. Please come quickly Lord Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment