Sunday, February 18, 2018

God is omniscient, omnipresent, and omnipotent. 515-2 - 23 - 3

God is omniscient, God has all knowledge. God is omnipresent, God is everywhere present. God is omnipotent, God is all-powerful.
Psalm 139:1-2, “1 O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me. 2 Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.”
God is omniscient, God has all knowledge There is nothing He does not know. Matthew 10:30, “But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.” 
Psalm 139:5-6, “5 Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me. 6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.” 
God's infinite knowledge boggles my mind, however, God put the cookies on the bottom shelf through Isaiah 55:8-9, “8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. 9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.”
Psalm 139:7-8, “7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? 8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.” 
God is omnipresent as well. He is in all places at the same time. God is our Creator God, separate and distinct from His creation. Are we so foolish as to think we can evade the Holy Spirit, that knot in the stomach that tells me to change course. Can I hide from the presence of the Lord? What of a 21th Century Tower of Babel to heaven; could I elude God there? Absolutely no. Job 34:21, “For his eyes are upon the ways of man, and he seeth all his goings.”
Psalm 139:19-20 “19 Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: depart from me therefore, ye bloody men. 20 For they speak against thee wickedly, and thine enemies take thy name in vain.”
Here David is calling on the omnipotent, the all-powerful God to slay God adversaries who also are David’s enemies.
God is omniscient, omnipresent, and omnipotent.

No comments:

Post a Comment