Monday, January 4, 2016

Ministering to the least of these ‘my Brethren’ (the Jews) 521-2 - 16 - 5

Zechariah 12:2, “Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem.” God added in verse 3, “Will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people.”
Today most the world is turning its back on Israel including the United States. Israel is a tiny country with very little landmass that dominates world events. Most assuredly, Israel is a cup of trembling and a burdensome stone.
The Everlasting Hatred; as it was thousands of years ago so it is today. Abraham, considered the father the Jews, and his wife Sarah had no prodigy. So in keeping with the tradition of the day, Abraham went into Hagar, Sarah’s handmade, and fathered Ishmael. Abraham’s son of promise, Isaac fathered twin sons, Jacob who received Isaac’s blessing and the other son Esau who perpetuated the everlasting hatred.
Believers are the sons (and daughters) of Issachar today should be informed and discerning, to have an understanding of the times, to watch and support Israel. Israel has come under the judgment of God many times but we are reminded in Ezekiel 36:23, that God will sanctify His great name so that “The heathen shall know that I am the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes.”
I remind people that God is jealous of his name and keeps His Unconditional Covenants with his chosen people; The Abrahamic Covenant, The Land Covenant, The Davidic Covenant and The Everlasting Covenant. I point out that Replacement Theology is an man invented heresy that has no biblical foundation. Years ago I belonged to an eBay chat room where I first attempted to be an online Christian apologist and defender of Israel. This grew into my present blog. Facebook is an excellent source of current events in Israel that can be commented upon and shared with friends.
Although retired summers I have a shop in a mini-mall primarily selling jewelry including crosses, a great way to start a discussion about Jesus. These conversations are usually with other Christians; however, people looking at other inventory hear this non-threatening witness. I wear a cross pendant plus a Star of David w/Wheat pendant, a present from the Jewish Voice Ministries for my support of them and the Jewish people. This combination has given me the opportunity to point out the often ignored fact that Jesus was born and lived as an observant Jew and to make reference to Genesis 12:3.
The main thrust of my ministering to Jesus’ brethren is through my vocal support of Israel. I really don’t personally know many Jews and the two I know best are both Messianic Jews. I have given some small financial support to CUFI, medical aid to Ethiopia and for Jews of the diaspora making Aliyah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment