Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Dabbling in the occult, not recommended! 510-1 - 8 - 8

Is there danger in dabbling in the occult? In my opinion, yes, even seemingly innocent games such asking questions of a Ouija board opens us up to demonic entities from other dimensions.
King Saul dabbled in the occult with damning results. I believe it was Samuel conjured by the witch of Endor. The witch saw Samuel, however, King Saul only heard him. 1 Samuel 28:19, “Moreover the Lord will also deliver Israel with thee into the hand of the Philistines: and tomorrow shalt thou and thy sons be with me: the Lord also shall deliver the host of Israel into the hand of the Philistines.”
Rather than disregarding the witch as a fraud, the spirit called up is referred to as Samuel in the Bible. Further, the fear on the part of the witch lends credence to the spirit being Samuel. 1 Samuel 28:13-14, “13 And the king said unto her, Be not afraid: for what sawest thou? And the woman said unto Saul, I saw gods ascending out of the earth. 14 And he said unto her, What form is he of? And she said, An old man cometh up; and he is covered with a mantle. And Saul perceived that it was Samuel, and he stooped with his face to the ground, and bowed himself.”
As for me, I never had confidence in a Ouija board as I found that it couldn’t spell any better than I could. Nevertheless, decades ago, a group of New Age friends and I tried table tipping in a rather childish attempt to contact the dead. As we sat around the table with our eyes closed and fingers touching the table it started rocking and rolling. I opened my eyes and observed that our hostess was moving the table as I could see her hands move with it. The hostess was a very good friend but seemed to be hyper-sensitive to suggestion.
I didn’t realize back then that we were opening ourselves to the dark forces. We were very lucky as nothing negative seemed to come from our experimenting with table tipping. I shudder when I look back on those get-togethers thinking about how we were unknowingly inviting evil to join us.
As for dabbling in the occult, not for me and not advisable as it can be an opening to demonic entities.

No comments:

Post a Comment