Wednesday, May 23, 2012

How can we hasten His Coming? How are you doing these things? 501-2 - 8 - 7.

Much as I long for the blessed hope, I wake up every morning and find myself still here on planet earth. I say “not my will but Thy will be done” and think but please hurry. So daily I long for His appearing. In 2 Timothy 4 Paul writes: 6 for I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time for my departure is near. 7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day —and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.” I long for Jesus to come for us and should I get “A crown of righteousness,” just the icing on the cake. In Revelation 22:20 we read, “He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.”

If praying for His appearing will hasten His coming I can be counted on. The example given in our teaching is from Revelation 22:8, “I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I had heard and seen them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who had been showing them to me.” The angel added, 9 “But he said to me, “Don’t do that! I am a fellow servant with you and with your fellow prophets and with all who keep the words of this scroll. Worship God!” So….I do.

I seek to win souls as the saved person will have a far better eternity then the unsaved person. Also just that one more soul may be the one that completes the “full number of the Gentiles,” We are told in Romans 11:25, “I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in,” I love Israel and long for them to have the scales removed from their eyes.

I’m back at it on the eBay Soapbox chat room and the discussion thread “So let me get this straight, if Evolution is now considered a scientific...” After much back and forth with one member his latest, “So you prefer to ignore my questions. That's fine. Thought your job was to educate me. Are my questions not valid or you doing have an answer for it?” I took a short cut and referred him to an article in May 2012 Personal Update NewsJournal. Much as I seek to being this individual into the Kingdom, he is wearing me down. The up-side is that I have an opportunity to post information that might reach someone with “ears to hear.”

No comments:

Post a Comment