Sunday, May 6, 2012

Shamgar used what he had and delivered Israel. What do you have and how are you using it? 502s - 2 - 6

After I retired I set-up and sold at flea markets/ swap meets. I would have several cases of crosses displayed, a great way to start a discussion about Jesus. These conservations were usually with other Christians; however, people looking at other inventory couldn’t help but hear our passive approach to witnessing. I wear a turquoise and sterling cross pendant plus a Star of David w/Wheat pendant. The Star of David w/Wheat pendant shows my support of the Jewish Voice Ministries and the Jewish people. This combination has given me the opportunity to point out the often ignored fact that Jesus was born and died and was resurrected as a Jew and of course I get the chance to bring up Genesis 12:3.

Now that my “On the road again” market days are on hold, I mostly use the Internet as a means of witnessing and prayer and more prayer. I maintain a Christian blog that gets a few visitors and I post on eBay chat rooms with a potential readership in the thousands. Two of the chat rooms are general topics with Christian threads so we mostly reinforce each other; however, non-Christians hopefully read the conversations. The other chat room is mostly hostile to the Word and has caused more than one Christian poster to quit that chat room. Remember the DQ from SD501, “3. Why is it important to "make deposits”? What biblical passages have served you well over the past few months?” I withdraw Biblical passages and use these in posts to support the Christian point of view. Then when a poster asks how I know the Bible is true I take full advantage to reply with relevant scriptures and links.

All of the above seems rather lame when compared to those who are on the actual battlefield. So I give money to organizations like Voice of the Martyrs (VOM) rather than my time. I called the VOM a few years ago and said much as I’d like to be in the mission field I’m much too old. The reply was that if I came to their headquarters they would put me to work so someday…For now I support them vocally and monetarily, again, very lame! 

No comments:

Post a Comment