Wednesday, May 23, 2012

How does your world view affect your everyday life? Can you infer the real world view from one's behavior? 502-1 - 1 - 1

According to Dr. Missler there are two world views:

1. Everything is a result of a cosmic accident
2. We are the result of a deliberate design by a Designer

First let me state unequivocally that my ancestries did not swing through trees. I am as we all are the result of a deliberate design by a Designer. I believe the universe was created by God as described in the Bible. The Bible is history written in advance and has been proven time and again. My God is an awesome God who stands out side of time and to whom I am accountable! My belief in our Creator God doesn't keep me from sinning daily, hourly. It does keep me mindful and repenting of these sins, usually a lack of patience. So I often pray “God grant me greater patience.” I try to remember “What Would Jesus Do?” as a guide, however, I often fail.

As for those who hold to the, “Everything is a result of a cosmic accident” world view, hard to miss. With all the proof that the Word is God breathed, why the resistance to Creation? If the universe was created then there would be a Creator to whom we would all be accountable. If we are all a cosmic accident, life holds less value. I often visit the eBay soapbox chat room where many think that we are an accident and evolution is scientific fact. Should a thread be started about an occurrence of some cruel treatment of an animal people are outraged. Start a pro-life thread and even more outrage from the same people who value our four legged friends but not unborn babies. I questioned once how many unborn babies had to be sacrificed on the altar of abortion before God would lose His patience. Well, God is still being patient but my question was pulled by the eBay chat room moderators. No one cared for my comment that abortion is a personal sin; however, our nation’s approval of abortion makes it a national sin. The same for homosexuality, private sin until our government approves of it as evidenced by the spreading acceptance of same-sex marriage.

I hold to the Creator God world view and have long dreamt of going to Israel. One day I hope to be able to book a trip and then I can walk where our Master walked.

No comments:

Post a Comment