Wednesday, April 3, 2013

How are the Gentiles to relate to the Jew? How do you relate to Israel today? 534-1 - 12-3

So how should Gentiles relate to the Jew; in my opinion, with gratitude. The Jew gave us the Word of God and the gift of Jesus. Jesus was born to Jewish parents in a Jewish part of the world. I find that many who call themselves Christians, including the clergy, gloss over the Old Testament in favor of the New Testament. Perhaps this is to hopefully ignore the Jewish roots of our Savior, Yeshua and to claim the covenants God has with Israel through the heresy of Replacement Theology.
 
I relate to Israel both in obedience to God and in gratitude; obedience as God tells us in Genesis 12:3, "And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed" and in gratitude to God, John 3:16, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

Someday we'll all be judged by God and, as for me, I expect to be judged at the Bema Seat Judgment. Hopefully I will not be found wanting and sent to the place of outer darkness. However, I expect that I will be at the feet of Jesus prostate and ashamed of my many failings.
What so many who openly or covertly hate Israel and survived the tribulation do not understand is that they will face the Sheep and Goat Judgment. CM points out that Matthew 25:40 relates to how we treated His people Israel, “And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.”

Today I relate to Israel with concern for their physical safety and their salvation. God will protect His chosen people; however, they are under open and nearly constant attack by their Islamic enemies and by the more subtle undermining by most people on planet earth today. I openly and verbally defend Israel and often point out that they have 1/10 of 1% of the landmass that the Muslims have. And that even that little bit of land is unacceptable to the Muslims. Over the years I have contributed to various Christian/Jewish causes and would like to do more. I pray for the peace of Israel knowing that Psalm 121:4, “Behold, He that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.”

No comments:

Post a Comment