Monday, November 25, 2013

Give examples of "the foolishness of God." from your life. 532-1 - 4 -1

For several years God has put it on my heart that not only are we in the end days but that I should be hunkering down and living a more simple and private life. So here I am at the age of 72 about to go totally off the power grid. Some may recall that I had written in The introduce yourself thread that I have five acres of high desert dirt in North Eastern Arizona that will be my Summer home. It is totally off the grid in the only water you have is whatever you haul in. There is a water co-op I can join but I still would have to haul water from the well. So is this the foolishness of God or the foolishness of Sally?

Actually I lived off the grid for two years in the 90s and I loved it. There is something wonderful about knowing that you are depending on God's sun for your electrical power.

Not satisfied with living off the grid in the summers only, I purchased a pass for the Bureau of land management (BLM) camping area here near Quartzsite, Arizona for the 2014–2015 season. I'm in the process of transitioning from a trailer park in town to the BLM and once again living off the grid.
If this is foolish of God it seems that it's affecting other people. I'm noting that more and more people are sensitive to an awareness that something major is about to happen and are looking for a simpler life. Young people as well as retired people are building “Tiny homes.” These are homes with small footprints and often off the power grid.


My family certainly thought it was foolishness when I opted to be obedient to the nudging of the Holy Spirit and undergo full immersion baptism. Acts 2:37-38, “Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.” My mother's feelings were hurt because as I had been baptized as a baby and now as a senior citizen I was going to once again be baptized. My older brother thought I was doing it out of arrogance. Families, they certainly do provide us with a learning and growing experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment