Monday, November 25, 2013

How do you interpret the 3rd Commandment? What does "Ambassadorship" mean to you? How are you an ambassador for Christ? 512 - 4 - 6

Exodus 20:7 “Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.”

The third commandment is not about swearing, rather taking the Lord’s name in vain has to do with being a poor ambassador for God. I've heard it said that the greatest ambassador for God since the apostle Paul is Billy Graham. Billy Graham reached millions of people during his numerous crusades. He was never reticent about salvation being through the blood of Christ. He preaches the cross of Christ unlike many of the church leaders of today who deviate from the simple message of Jesus as well as being tolerant of immorality.

Paul tells us in ll Timothy 2:15 “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.”


I talk to people about the simple message of justification by faith: “For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:” 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV.

In addition to witnessing that we are justified through Christ and that He is the only way to the father I attempt to be a better Christian apologists by being informed of other worldviews. The Issachar Track course I 605: Worldview, Research, and Analysis was very informative concerning the seven worldviews. These include Atheism, Deism, Pantheism, Panentheism, Finite, Godism, Polytheism and Theism. It was demonstrated that Theism is the only logical worldview and would include Judaism, Christianity and Islam. Since Judaism and Islam reject the divinity of Jesus Christ, these religions also fall by the wayside leaving Christianity is the logical worldview.

A few weeks ago I was having a yard sale and got into a discussion of beliefs with a potential customer. He proudly said that he was a Theist but didn’t believe in the Bible. I mentioned the many proofs of the inerrancy of the Bible including the Greek Septuagint completed about 270 BC. I mentioned the many prophecies fulfilled by Jesus that had been confirmed in the Septuagint nearly 300 years before the birth of Christ. I could see that this individual had no readiness of mind to even consider the truth of the Bible. I recognize the fact that although I seek to share my belief in Jesus sometimes it’s better to just let it go and hope that you have planted a little seed that will hopefully germinate.


I maintain a blog that’s had about ten thousands views in the last few years. If I can influence just a few people to seek the kingdom I will feel blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment