Saturday, March 15, 2014

What book are you going to explore next? Why? 532-2 - 20 - 7

On the 16th of this month (March) I start the book of Hebrews and I’m currently in the fourth week of Proverbs. The simple and practical answer as to why I’m taking these two courses is that Hebrews will complete the last of the Berean Track requirements for Silver and Proverbs will count towards the Koinonos Track. 

Once I’ve completed both of these courses I plan to take time this summer to thoroughly review my notes, suggested reading and videos from the I601, I604 and I605 Issachar Tract courses. Then, in the fall I will likely work on the Issachar Tract Strategic Trend Bullet Briefing, blog, etc. Then there will be mentoring of three members to achieve their Bronze Medallions, something I really don’t feel qualified to do. Then there is a requirement for something called the “Silver Essay.” 

I feel for all the world like I’m back in graduate school, but in loving it. Most members of my family cannot understand why I work so hard at something that will not lead to another college degree or another ordination. A cousin who knew my biological father far better than I did commented that I am so like him in my enthusiasm for learning. 

Actually my taking of Hebrews is a bit of serendipity as I belong to a Bible study group currently going through the Book of Hebrews verse by verse. Also, Hebrews will complete the trilogy of courses, Romans, Galatians and Hebrews; the Just shall Live by Faith.

The real reward of my studies is not in achieving different levels or recognition of same. The real incentive has been gaining an even greater depth in my belief in the Word of God and my love for Jesus. It has long been my desire to become a better Christian apologist. I find that I’m able to hold my own in a discussion, usually in a logical and unemotional manner.
But I digress so in closing out my last discussion question for the Book of John I would add this. Proverbs 9:10, "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding." However, IMO, fear can be equated to an absolute awe of and respect for God. While my relationship with Jesus is a personal one, I’ve come to understand that God is long-suffering God, and forgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment