Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Give a brief explanation of the doctrine of imminency. How does this impact how you live your daily life? BIB 547-1-10-4

Through the Doctrine of Imminency we who are believers expect Jesus to come for His Church at any time. Jesus cautioned that:
· “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.” Matthew 24:36.
· “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come.” Matthew 24:42
· “So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.” Matthew 24:44.
Then there is The Parable of the Ten Virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. Five of were ready with oil for their lamps and five were not. The five that had oil for the lamps were ready to go when the bridegroom came for them and other five had gone to purchase oil. “But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut.” Matthew 25:10. “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour.” Matthew 25:13
So how does the fact that Jesus could come for His church at any time impact me? On days like today which has been especially trying I find comfort in knowing I’m just passing through this world. When I withdraw from the distractions of the day and reflect on Jesus it’s just a wonderful warm feeling of comfort and expectation. I try to be the best caring and giving person that I can be and to keep my thoughts and life centered on Jesus. I read the rapture ready website in the morning and look up as I point to the computer screen like I’m saying to Jesus “well anytime now would be good with me.” After a day like today when I felt rather less than compassionate I am so grateful that I have eternal security. I often joke that when I get to heaven that instead of a mansion I will be rewarded with a pup tent. Actually this will be okay with me as long as I’m in the presence of Jesus.
Wonderful as it is to feel secure in my salvation as I wait with excitement and expectation for the imminent return of Jesus, I still have work to do in bringing others into the Kingdom. I keep saying that time is short and it seems to keep getting shorter every day. Two of our American embassies were attacked on the same day as we were remembering the horror of 911. Our embassies were attacked and our people killed and our administration apologizes for us as if we’re at fault. This is just typical of today’s reality when is good is called bad and bad is called good.
Come quickly Lord Jesus, please…

No comments:

Post a Comment