Thursday, September 6, 2012

In what practical ways do you apply the teaching of Genesis 12? How are you blessing Israel? BIB 547-1-8-2

“Now the Lord had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee: And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing.” Genesis 12:1-2
God made a promise to Abraham. Even though Abraham did not immediately do as God directed, God still was true to his word. So from this I understand that we can depend on our awesome God. Unlike the capricious Allah of Islam, our God is God and to quote CM, “God says what He means and means what He says.” Also, though I may dither in following God’s lead, He is forgiving.
Genesis 12:3, “And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.” Here God is giving a warning to the world including the United States; a warning not being heeded. We in the United States are not supporting Israel unconditionally and keep pushing Israel down the road to peace via a two state solution or as I call it the road to a two state disaster. Every time Israel gives up land for peace all she gets is a closer location from which her enemies launch missiles.
So what do I do to apply the teachings of Genesis 12:3, in one of the most practical ways, I donate to various causes that support Israel directly with aid and to causes that serve as ambassadors for Israel on the world stage. And prayer; we are told to pray for the peace of Jerusalem. Prayer is the strongest weapon we have in our arsenal, one that I use frequently.
For years I have talked about someday visiting the Holy Land. The Holy Land really, I realize now that this is a generic term that marginalizes Israel. I am trying to now talk about visiting Israel, the true Holy Land where our Jewish rabbi once walked. Words are very important and as an ambassador for Israel I must be aware of what I say and how I say it.
Like millions of others, I have a Facebook wall where I often share articles about Israel. Israel has done so much to bless the world in the medical area as well as maximizing the utilization of their resources. I also share articles that seem to correlate a curse from God when we in the United States harm Israel. Perhaps the best example was the formation of Katrina as Israelis were withdrawing from the Gaza Strip.
So in my small way I’m getting the truth out concerning the blessings Israel provides to the world and providing a little practical cold hard cash to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment