Wednesday, August 29, 2012

How has the Messianic Genealogy encrypted in Gen 38 affect your views on the Bible? BIB 536-5-7

Actually the Messianic Genealogy encrypted in Gen 38 had no real affect on my views on the Bible. I have long held to the belief that the Bible is the inerrant Word of God. I remember the famous line from one of Client Eastwood’s movies, the bad guy who said “badge; I don’t need no stinking badge.” I kind of feel the same way about piling on the proofs of the validity of the Bible; I just don’t need them for myself. That said, I do try to be an apologist. So the more facts that I have at my disposal the better I can present Biblical Truths and be a worthy ambassador for Christ.
The “Cosmic Codes Hidden Messages From the Edge of Eternity” teachings by CM go far beyond Equidistant Letter Sequence Codes. I found the “Beyond Series” to be very informative as was the “Technology & the Bible” teaching. I also found a table format listing of prophecies from the Old Testament that were fulfilled by Jesus. The list was complete with verse references in both the Old and New Testaments.
As I mentioned a number of times, I play in the sandbox. The sandbox is a chat room hosted on eBay made up mostly of Christian bashers, New Agers, atheists, agnostics and some who called themselves Christians but bloviate about their strange interpretations of the Bible. I have provided these chat room members lists of teachings, verses and prophecies fulfilled by Jesus. I think I get the same respect as the disheveled man standing on the corner with a sign saying “the end is near.” The Christian bashers have chased more than one born-again Christian out of the chat room but not me. Every now and then I feel like I’ve made a little progress with some of the members. Also there are lurkers who read these threads available to the public so I can’t let the worst of them go unchallenged.
So tonight rather than finishing my weekly requirements for my courses I’ve played once again in the sandbox. Tongue-in-cheek I wrote:
“First let me apologize for being too busy with my online studies to regularly play in the sandbox and add some biblical truth to some of the posts that are written here. This thread has gone totally off the rails. Joseph was 90, I think not. I realize that the Catholic Church tries to perpetuate the false belief that Mary was a virgin throughout her life. She was until the birth of Jesus and after that she and Joseph had several children. As an aside, the reason Jesus assigned the task of caring for his mother Mary to the disciple John rather than her other children was that until the resurrection His siblings did not believe that Jesus was the Messiah.
So once again let me apologize for not being here to add truth to this discussion. I will try to do better in the future.”
Oops, 500 words, to be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment