Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Describe when the judicial blindness on Israel will be complete? What do you expect to happen at that point? BIB 536-6-5

Israel has a history of being blessed by God, falling into sin, losing her blessings, repenting and again being blessed God. The book of Joel started with Judah having been invaded by so great number of locusts that the land was wiped out. Joel warned Judah that this was the disciplining hand of God for their sins. “But Judah shall dwell forever, and Jerusalem from generation to generation. For I will cleanse their blood that I have not cleansed: for the Lord dwelleth in Zion.” Joel 3:20-21.
“Thus saith the Lord, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The Lord of hosts is his name: If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the Lord, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.” Jeremiah 31:35-36.
Hosea prophesied that Israel would enter a period in which God said she was “not my people.” However, Israel will once again be the people of God. “And I will sow her unto me in the earth; and I will have mercy upon her that had not obtained mercy; and I will say to them which were not my people, Thou art my people; and they shall say, Thou art my God.” Hosea 2:23 [KJV]
God has not/ will not abandon Israel!
Fast-forward several centuries to the prophesized day that Jesus rode a colt into Jerusalem; “And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it, Saying, If thou hadst known, even thou, at least in this thy day, the things which belong unto thy peace! but now they are hid from thine eyes.” Luke 19:41-42. Paul tells us this blindness will last until the fulness of the Gentiles comes in. “For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles be come in.” Romans 11:25
The Church will have been Raptured; the Tribulation period is the time that God will use to bring Israel to belief. “I will go and return to my place, till they acknowledge their offence, and seek my face: in their affliction they will seek me early.” Hosea 5:15 . Imagine their anguish and guilt when “They shall look on him whom they pierced.” John 19:37
“That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” Philippians 2:10-11

No comments:

Post a Comment