Saturday, October 7, 2017

Psalm 28:7 515-1 - 6 - 4

Psalm 28:7, “The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.” 
Shield: H4043, From H1598; a shield (that is, the small one or buckler); figuratively a protector; also the scaly hide of the crocodile, buckler, defense, ruler, H1598, to hedge about, that is, protect.
Trusted: H982, refuge, be confident or sure, be bold (confident, secure, sure), careless (one, woman), put confidence, to flee for protection, have hope.
Rejoiceth: H5937, to jump for joy, that is, exult: - be joyful, rejoice, triumph.
I so love Praise and Worship songs especially by the Maranatha Singers. Hundreds of times I’ve listened to their adaptation of Psalm 3:3, “But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.”
A Shield About Me: The Maranatha Singers
“Thou, O Lord, art a shield about me
You're my glory
You're the lifter of my head
Thou, O Lord, art a shield about me
You're my glory
You're the lifter of my head
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
You're the lifter of my head”
Yes, The LORD is my strength and my shield, without Him I would just fade away. My heart most assuredly trusts in Him and greatly rejoices in Him, I’m helped by Him 24/7. I often joke that a frog must have crawled into my throat and ruined my sweet soprano voice of decades ago. However, with my song will I praise Him which leads into Psalm 28:2, “Hear the voice of my supplications, when I cry unto thee, when I lift up my hands toward thy holy oracle.”
I impatiently wait for the day I’ll join the Heavenly choir with my perfect God given voice and sing praises to Lord Jesus as I worship Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment