Friday, October 27, 2017

With God no fears 508-1 - 5 - 2

BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER by SIMON & GARFUNKEL
“Paul Simon wrote this about providing comfort to a person in need. It started as a modest gospel hymn but became more dramatic as he put it together. Speaking in the documentary The Making of Bridge Over Troubled Water, Simon said, "I have no idea where it came from. It came all of the sudden. It was one of the most shocking moments in my songwriting career. I remember thinking, 'This is considerably better than I usually write."
[http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=247]
God is my bridge over troubled water. I know God is with me, it’s that quiet assurance deep within me. I feel a pull on my heart for the many who are without faith. This would be a frightening world if not for the absolute knowing that I’m covered by the blood of Jesus.
Antifa, part of a shadow government here in the United States, has just “announced that they’re planning to purge every single Trump voter.” Oops, that includes me. Thankfully I have God, God who must be laughing as in Psalm 2. Psalm 2:1, “Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?”  Psalm 2:4, “He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.” 
So, November 4th should be an interesting day. I plan to stay at my remote off-the-power-grid summer home in Arizona until the middle of November. This is not out of fear of this fringe group, rather to avoid any possible road blocks as I return to "civilization." Lots of activities planned by Antifa in California and my winter home is less than 20 miles from the Arizona/ California border.
So as the heathens rage on November 4, I will be still and know that God is in control. Recently I wrote on this verse for another KI class, Psalms Part 1. Psalm 46:10, "Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.” The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is/ will be exalted among the heathen. Our being included in God's plan was planned from the very foundations of time. Genesis 3:15, “And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.”
Psalm 46:11, “The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah. Interesting that here the Israel patriarch is referred to as Jacob, not Israel. Jacob means heel catcher, that is, supplanter. Inclusive of Gentiles not as a supplanter to Israel, rather included as brothers and sisters in Christ.
Yes, God is with us! Our Bridge over Troubled Water.

No comments:

Post a Comment