Saturday, October 14, 2017

Psalm 32:7, a Song of deliverance 515-1 - 7 - 2

Psalm 32:7, “Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.”
God, our hiding place is repeated in Psalm 119:114, “Thou art my hiding place and my shield: I hope in thy word.”
Shield, H4043, a shield, the small shield or buckler; figuratively a protector shield.
Isaiah speaks to judgment, Isaiah 28:16-17, “16 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.  17 Judgment also will I lay to the line, and righteousness to the plummet: and the hail shall sweep away the refuge of lies, and the waters shall overflow the hiding place.”
“Isaiah 28:16, 17 God has established the Messiah as the only worthy object of trust, a sure foundation. Those who rely on Him never need run scared. Under His reign, everything will have to meet the test of justice and righteousness, and judgment will sweep away every false object of trust.”
[Believer’s Bible Commentary]
Isaiah 32:2, “And a man shall be as an hiding place from the wind, and a covert from the tempest; as rivers of water in a dry place, as the shadow of a great rock in a weary land.” A Messianic Psalm as the Man, providing shelter, protection, refreshment, and shade is the Lord Jesus.
“Thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance”, I so love the praise and worship song that are based on the Psalms.
You Are My Hiding Place
Selah
You are my hiding place
You always fill my heart
With songs of deliverance
Whenever I am afraid
I will trust in You
I will trust in You
Let the weak say I am strong
In the strength of the Lord
There were the Righteous Among the Nations, an honorific used by the State of Israel to describe non-Jews who risked their lives during the Holocaust to save Jews from extermination by the Nazis. They included the family of Casper ten Boom.
Corrie and Betsie ten Boom were middle-aged sisters working in their father's watchmaker shop in Holland leading uneventful lives until the coming of the Nazis. The ten Boom family provided a “Hiding Place” and they and their many friends saved the lives of an estimated 800 Jews, and protected many Dutch underground workers.
The ten Boom family was betrayed in 1944 but the Nazis never found any of the Jews in the hiding place. Betsie and Corrie were imprisoned in Ravensbruck and brought many of their fellow prisons to faith. Betsie passed in Ravensbruck and Corrie survived and became a noted speaker.
From the book, The book The Hiding Place
"Sleet stung us as we reached the outside. I stepped close to the stretcher to form a shield for Betsie. We walked past the waiting line of sick people, through the door, and into a large ward. They placed the stretcher on the floor and I leaned down to make out Betsie’s words, “. . . must tell people what we have learned here. We must tell them that there is no pit so deep that He is not deeper still. They will listen to us, Corrie, because we have been here.”
[The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom and Elizabeth and John Sherrill]
Betsie had found her hiding place with the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment